Level 400 Students of the Akenten Appiah-Menka University of Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development (AAMUSTED) have been advised to report to their various schools of practice on Monday, January 16, 2023.
The directive is contained in the newly published Academic Calendar for the 2022/23 academic year following the publication of a revised reopening date.
Accordingly, students will end their internship on April 28, 2023 in preparation for their final semester for the award of First Degree.
New Academic Calendar
Student interns who are yet to report to their registered schools are requested to seize the opportunity and do so in order to avert any difficulties such as termination of the agreement to practice at the said schools.
Students are also to take note of the official registration dates of the first semester courses which may begin on January 20. As a requirement, only students who have registered for their first semester courses will be provided with the necessary documents such as the Intern Record Book (Yellow Book), a vital asset for a successful practice.
Mynd FM can disclose that, Level 400 students who are due to undertake their internship programme are constantly updated on what is required of them by the Internship Directorate of the university with most students, having already completed their school selection process via online or manual.
Find below the full directives for the students on Internship Programme by the Coordinator
- All interns/students are expected to register for all first semester courses of the 2022/2023 academic year which begins on 20th January for Continuing Students to qualify you to collect AAMUSTED Intern Record Book (previously called Yellow Book). Students can only get the Yellow Book after course registration. The course registration may begin from 20th January, 2023 for continuing students
- Since most of the pre-tertiary schools are reopening on 10th January, we encourage all students to visit their schools for the internship, interact with the school authorities and get the details of your mentor for the internship programme. This will help you secure the school for the internship. Then when the course registration begins for continuing students (from 20th January), you ask permission from your mentor to register and collect your Intern Record Book
- The first day you will visit your school for the Internship, dress well, smart and decent (No high heel, slipper, skinny/tube, casual dress, etc.)
- All students / interns are to contact their Departmental or Faculty Examination Officers / Coordinators on the modalities (fees requirements, how and when to register from 20th January etc.) concerning the course registration in your department.
- By 20th January 2023, the Internship office will publish the arrangement for collecting the AAMUSTED Intern Record Book (previously called Yellow Book). Make sure you follow the guideline for the collection of the book.
- The internship office entreat all students going for the internship to exercise patience and carefully follow the above instructions and all other future instructions to enable us have a smooth internship programme.
Story by Erich Joey Odonkor